Frequently Asked Questions
We have summarized frequently asked questions to Edo Tokyo HOSTEL. Please find the answer to your question here first.
- 1. Is there internet access in the hostel?
- 1. We provide free Wi-Fi access. Please bring your own device to access to the internet. You are not allowed to connect with LAN cable to your PC, though.
- 2. Is there a security locker?
- 2. Yes, there is a security locker in the hostel. It is 50 yen / day.
- 3. What time can I check in?
- 3. Check-in time is from 14:00 to 20:00, however, we can arrange the time if you tell us in advance. Please contact about it first.
- 4. What time is the check-out time?
- 4. Check-out time is by 10:00 (morning), but the living room is available until 12:00 (noon) on the day you check out.
- 5. Can I stay with my child?
- 5. Child younger than 5 years old can sleep with his/her parent in the same bed for free. If he/she needs his/her own bed, we charge half of the adult fee. From 6 years old to 12 years old is half of the adult fee. 13 years old and older will be charged the same as an adult.
- 6. How long does the opening special price last?
I am planning to go to Tokyo near in the future but don't know the exact date yet. How long does it last?
- 6. We will keep offering the special price until the end of March 2017.
- 7. Do you have a private room?
- 7. No we don't. We only provide dormitory rooms. We'd like you to meet people from all over the world and experience different culture.
- 8. Is there a hair dryer?
- 8. Yes, there is a hair dryer in each shower unit.
- 9. Is there a rental bicycle?
- 9. Yes. It is 500 yen (10:00 - 20:00). If you return it after 20:00, extra 500 yen will be charged. Deposit is 5,000 yen ($50 in US currency, €50 in euro). If you can't return the bicycle, the deposit won't be returned.
- 10. Do you provide futon, matress, pillow, and sheets?
- 10. Yes, we do.
- 11. What kinds of people stay in the hostel?
- 11. There are working holiday makers, university students, those who are on internship in Japan, those who are seeking job in Tokyo, those who simply work everyday, artists, backpackers, those who are back in Japan temporarily, and many other kinds of people. There are some people who base on here and travel Japan. Sometime, married couple come here to live for a while.
- 12. Is there curfew?
I like to go out drinking and might come home late at night. Is there curfew?
- 12. No, there isn't, however, please keep quiet after the light-out (11 p.m.)
- 13. Can I extend my stay? How much would it be?
I am planning to stay in Tokyo for more than a week. Do you have any discount price for long stay?
- 13.Yes, we do provide the long stay discount. It depends on the days so please ask our staff.
- 14. Can I transfer the rent to your bank account?
- 14. The rent period starts from the day you moved in. Please pay the rent every 30 days. If you would like to transfer the money, you have to pay the transaction fee. Credit card is also acceptable.
- 15. Is there a bath at the hostel or is there a public bath nearby?
It seems that there is a bath tub in the hostel but can I use the bath tub? Is the shower free?
- 15. Shower is 100 yen / 10 min. If you want to use a bath tub, there is a public bath houses in walking distance. It is 460 yen.
- 16. Is there a washing machine? Can I hang my clothes to dry?
- 16. There is a coin-operated-washing machine. It is 100 yen / time. There is also a dryer but you can also hang your clothes on the rooftop. Laundromat is usually by a public bath but they charge 200 yen.
- 17. Is there air conditioner and heater? Can a resident adjust the temperature of the machine?
- 17. It will operate at night during summer and winter. The timer and temperature will be set by a staff. We don't respond to an individual request.
- 18. Is there a kitchen?
- 18. There is no kitchen at the hostel. There are a microwave and electric pot so you can warm up 'bento' box or make cup noodle and eat at the table.
- 19. Is there female only dormitory?
- 19.No, there is noa female only dormitory but the beds are separated by wooden board so it keeps some privacy.
- 20. Are there a grocery store or a convenience store near by?
- 20. They are all located in walking distance. There is a grocery sotre called "Co-op" near the house and 7-Eleven is only a minute from the house.
- 21. Is it safe to walk around at night near the hostel?
- 21. There are many restaurants and street lights around Shin-Koiwa station area. People walk around pretty late at night so it is quite safe.
- 22. Is it close to downtown?
I go to Tokyo for work. Is it located in convenient area?
- 22. Yes, it is very convenient to go to down town. The closest station is Shin-Koiwa station on JR Sobu line, about 9 min. on foot. It is about 30 min. to Shinjuku without changing train, 13 min. to Akihabara without changing train, 14 min. to Tokyo without changing train, 20 min. to Ueno.
- 23. Can I smoke in the hostel?
There are many non-smoking places recently. Is there any area where I can smoke?
- 23. It is non-smoking inside the building. You can smoke outside at the designated spot.
- 24. Can I charge my cell-phone in my bed?
- 24. There are two outlets in each bed.
- 25. Is there a parking space for my bicycle?
- 25. Since we welcome riders and cyclists, you can park your bike or motorcycle for free.
- 26. Is there parking space?
I am planning to drive my car to Tokyo. Can I park my car?
- 26. We don't have a parking space. Please use a coin-operated parking near our hostel.